“A really good course, with a huge amount of creative interaction and debate. I am thoroughly enjoying the discussions, the interesting people and being challenged in both faith and practice” – Staffan
“The advance prep is very useful, the liturgy is beautiful, the questions for discussion are meaningful and feel there is plenty of time to explore ideas in greater depth” – Liz
You are very welcome to participate in Radical Presence. There are two ways to get involved:
- Join a weekly group with members of Green Christian using Zoom, Sunday evenings at 7.00 from 1 November 2020. If you can’t make it then, you can register for a future round.
- Alternatively, run it with your church, network or organisation using the video-conferencing platform of your choice.
You’ll need a computer, tablet or smartphone, but if you do not have one of these there is also an option to join with a landline or simple mobile phone.
Weekly meetings will address the following themes.
- Womb: Shelter of the most high God
- Jordan: Threshold of freedom
- Kairos: Moment of truth
- Flesh: The vulnerable body of Christ
- Contagion: Curse or mercy?
- Tomb: awaiting resurrection
- Emmaus: distance and embrace
In preparation we will each read the material on the pages listed above – perhaps, if we can, spending time reflecting on them. Then each meeting will follow a similar format.
- We’ll start with welcomes, an introduction to theme of the session and a short liturgy and scripture reading
- If we’re in a large group, we’ll break out into fours or fives
- We’ll introduce ourselves, perhaps with a few words about who we are or how the past week has gone
- We’ll share responses to the material chosen for the week, and consider their challenge to the world we have known
- We’ll trace the outline of a world to come, and make plans for our own part in it
- After perhaps sharing our conclusions with the larger group, we’ll close with a short time of prayer and intercession
- After the session we will be able see the conclusions other groups have reached.